About 6 weeks ago I left OpenSky to join 10gen. As you likely know, 10gen produces a popular open source NoSQL database called MongoDB.
This has been a big week for 10gen. We’ve just made the headlines with two big stories: First we closed a new round of financing and second, we’ve release our 2.0 version of MongoDB. Both are huge milestones for an amazing company and I’m thrilled to be a part of it.
A part of the new funding will go towards expanding… which of course means we (and I) are hiring.
My role at 10gen is to be the voice of our developers. I’m assembling a team of developers, hackers, evangelists, and sysops (dev ops) focused on building applications with MongoDB. Our job is to ensure that developers have the best experience working with MongoDB.
- Building and maintaining drivers and tools
- Supporting our clients like Craigstlist, SAP and foursquare.
- Giving presentations
- Working with ODMs and other 3rd party libraries
- Working with open source projects
- Writing automation scripts for things like backups.
- Being the voice of a language for 10gen.
oh, and go and …